Lauren Morrill is many things, including, but not limited to, a writer, an educator, a badass roller derby skater, a former band nerd, an aggressive driver, and a die-hard Mac person. She also watches a lot of TV, eats a lot of junk food, and drinks a lot of Coke. It's a wonder her brain and teeth haven't rotted out of her head.
Lauren lives in Cambridge, MA with her husband Adam (a public radio reporter and producer) and their dog Lucy (who she taught to give high fives). When she's not writing, she works at Harvard and plays roller derby with the Boston Derby Dames.
Meant to Be (Delacorte, October 9, 2012)
Cyrano de Bergerac meets YA in a Shakespearean comedy of errors in which one mysterious, romantic text messages sets off a wild good chase full of mistaken identity, misdirected chemistry, and misguided heartache.
Five Snacks for the Apocalypse
1. Coke. Best if purchased in a large quantity from the nearest McDonalds. Barring that, cans or glass bottles are sufficient. Skip the plastic bottles. Ew.
2. Grande Nonfat Iced Chai. Starbucks survives the apocalypse, right? Roaches and Starbucks. That's what we'll have.
3. Cheetos. Regular, baked, or puffed. All other cheetos are not recognized by the apocalypse.
4. Chili cheese fries. No fork. Lick your fingers.
5. Pez. Skip the dispenser. Devour several packages in mere minutes.
(in case you're wondering, I'm definitely going to survive the Apocalypse ... my insides are fortified with preservatives from a lifetime of processed food. Suck it, health nuts.)
Fine me on Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, or visit my blog.