Wednesday, May 2, 2012

YAmazing Race with MGnificent Prizes!


NOTE: The YAmazing Race is officially over! Winners will be announced tomorrow, right here on the Apocalypsies blog. Thank you to all who participated!

Welcome to the starting line of the YAmazing Race with MGnificent Prizes, presented by the Apocalypsies! Over the course of the race, you'll be introduced to over 50 debut YA and MG authors and their fabulous books. Are you up to the challenge?

Here's how it works:

-At the bottom of this post, there are six wildly implausible but totally possible doomsday scenarios (we are the Apocalypsies, after all). Choose whichever one strikes your fancy and click on it to start one of the six Legs of the race. You will be taken to an author's website, where you will find a synopsis of their book. Read it, remember it, drool over the pretty cover. When you're done, click on the link provided and jump to the next author.
-After ten or so stops, you'll be taken to a quiz with questions about the books you just met. And accuracy counts - the winners will be whoever gets the most questions correct!
-Once you complete a quiz, you will be given the links for the starts of the other Legs. There are six Legs in all. You are welcome to run the race all at once, or do a couple of Legs and come back for the rest - pace yourself however you'd like! Speed does not matter.

Rules of the Road:
-To be eligible to win, you must complete one or more of the quizzes, and must provide your name and email address on each quiz.
-The race will run from 12:00pm EST on Wednesday, May 2nd to 12:00pm EST on Tuesday, May 8th. Any quizzes submitted before or after these times will not count.
-Winners will be posted here on the Apocalypsies blog on Wednesday, May 9th, and will also be notified by email.
-As stated above, speed doesn't matter; accuracy does. Take as much time as you need to complete the quizzes - go back and look for the answers if you need to. The winners, one from each quiz, will be whoever gets the most number correct in each quiz. If there is a tie, the winners will be chosen at random from those who got the most correct.
-Please do not submit more than one entry per quiz.
-This contest is open internationally.
-If you run into any problems during the race, have any questions about the race, or need a medic, please click HERE to contact a race official.
-If you'd like to leave some feedback when you are finished racing, please click HERE. We'd really appreciate it!

Prizes:
There will be six prize packs - one per quiz, and featuring prizes from that quiz's authors. Each prize pack will be a mix of books, gift certificates, and more. The prizes generously donated by the participating Apocalpysies authors are:
-ARCs, finished copies, or preorders of: RENEGADE, SEND ME A SIGN, WELCOME CALLER THIS IS CHLOE, IF I LIE, CROAK, TOUCHING THE SURFACE, THE ROCK OF IVANORE, INNOCENT DARKNESS, THE MAPMAKER AND THE GHOST, PUSHING THE LIMITS, THE CABINET OF EARTHS, WAY TO GO, BUTTER, STORMDANCER, KISS THE MORNING STAR, WHAT SHE LEFT BEHIND, SMALL MEDIUM AT LARGE, THE OTHER LIFE, CINDER, REMARKABLE, STORYBOUND, WHAT HAPPENS NEXT, SLIDE, PRETTY CROOKED, SILVER, STARTERS, FAIR COIN, GLITCH, FRACTURE, VENOM, ZIP, THE WICKED AND THE JUST, OLDSOUL, SHADOWS CAST BY STARS, THE BOY RECESSION, BORN WICKED, TIME BETWEEN US, UNRAVELING, ONE FOR THE MURPHYS
-Gift certificates to: Barnes and Noble and Amazon
-And: T-shirts, critiques, jewelry, notebooks, signed bookplates, CDs, bookmarks, tattoos, postcards, stickers, buttons and more! Your mail carrier will HATE you, with all the stuff they're going to be delivering!

But wait! Bonus prizes!
Make sure to fully read each author's post, because there are plenty of bonus giveaways along the way, with chances to win even more prizes - more books, more swag, more everything! We've got more loot than Captain Morgan a nonalcoholic pirate mascot!

Okay. Are you ready to start? All carbo-loaded, stretched out your hammies?

Click on your favorite Apocalyptic doomsday scenario and go go go!


22 comments:

  1. Killers penguins rock. thats where I am starting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .gr8 minds think alike! We even posted at the same time..lolz..

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this! I am going with the Killer Penguins.
    When we finish one can we do another?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the illustrations for the apocalyptic creatures of doom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huzzah! I love fun challenges that involve awesome books and amazing writers. Keep on rocking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was awesome! Thanks for all the hard work putting the event together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG OMG OMG! This is awesome! I'm so excited! Thanks for making it international!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! this was a lot of fun xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, I finished! Woohoo!!!

    Honestly, this was so MUCH FUN! Thanks for organizing this, it was a wonderful job :D
    And thanks to all the authors participating in the YAmazing Race with MGnificent Prizes! (I love the name xD)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm done! Now I have a TON of new books on my 'to read' list on goodreads. Thanks for putting this together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY that's truly amazing !! What a great job you've done ... I've never disovered that many books in a day !! Thank you soooo much, I had a lot of fun !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. For some reason my anti-virus keeps blocking Heather Anastasiu's blog saying that there is a trojan virus and quarantining the file. Has this happened to anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was so much fun! Thanks for putting it on!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finished all 6! Woohoo! My fingers are crossed! Thanks for this, it was awesome as always! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun! Thank you for this awesome event! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whew! I JUST discovered this race, and I'm glad I haven't completely missed out. I'm off to the races, I hope I can fit in a few before it ends!
    ~ Jen @ A Book and a Latte

    ReplyDelete
  16. So I've finished the race, but got no message saying I'd done so... Should there be a message? Am I missing a step? Someone please clue me in.

    BTW I loved racing through all the author's sites and learning about everyone's wonderful books. I'd love to do a "Gate Crasher" feature on the Apocs whose books are now out. I had a blast with the last to Apoc features and think it would be fun for Ink and Angst's readers to learn how it feels now that your books are out. Let me know if anyone is interested. You can check out past Apoc features at inkandangst.com "Gate Crashers."

    Happy Reading everyone and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was able to complete 3 of the races! I wish I could have done them all. It was really fun visiting all the author's websites and learning about all their books. This was my first time doing a "race" but I'll definitely keep my eye out for future ones!
    ~ Jen @ A Book and a Latte

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete