Kat Zhang spent most of her childhood traipsing through a world weaved from her favorite stories and games. When she and her best friend weren’t riding magic horses or talking to trees, they were writing adaptations of plays for their stuffed animals (what would The Wizard of Oz have been like if the Cowardly Lion were replaced by a Loquacious Lamb?). This may or may not explain many of Kat’s quirks today.
Now, Kat attends university, interns for a literary agent, performs as a Spoken Word poet, and
When she is not exploring the world of her characters, she is exploring her own. To date, she’s had the pleasure of visiting five countries, including more than half the United States. She blogs here and tweets here.
Book: WHAT'S LEFT OF ME (Book #1 of The Hybrid Trilogy)
HarperTeen Fall 2012
A fifteen-year-old girl must fight for her right to survive in a world where two souls are born into each body and one is doomed to disappear. Pitched as THE GOLDEN COMPASS meets GIRL, INTERRUPTED.
Five Useful Animals to Have on Your Side During the Apocalypse:
1. a horse (what? you know those cars are going to break down. they always do)
2. a german shepherd (big, lovely guard/attack dog)
3. messenger pigeon (i actually don't know how useful they'll be in sending information, but a girl can dream)
4. a grizzly bear (...i did say 'on your side' right?)
5. a t-rex (because i've run clean out of ideas and could you just imagine the awesomeness?)