Friday, October 1, 2010
Suzanne Lazear INNOCENT DARKNESS
BIO: Suzanne Lazear writes for teens because her dancers made her and she never looked back. Sometimes known as “Lolita Suzanne,” she’s a regular blogger at the Steampunk group blog Steamed! and a member of the Los Angeles Romance Writers. Suzanne's never had trouble standing out in the crowd, but wearing a tiara will do that. She occupies a small corner of the West Coast where she lives with the hubby, the tot, a hermit crab, and two chickens, and is currently trying to make a ray gun to match her ball gown. Visit her blog or find her on twitter and goodreads.
DEBUT: INNOCENT DARKNESS: BOOK ONE OF THE AETHER CHRONICLES (Flux, August 2012)
Wish. Love. Desire. Live.
Sixteen-year-old Noli Braddock's hoyden ways land her in an abusive reform school far from her home. The school slowly tries to strip Noli of everything that makes her who she is. On mid-summer's eve she wishes to be anyplace but that dreadful school. The mysterious Kevighn Silver from the Realm of Faerie rescues her and brings her to the Otherworld, only to reveal that she must be sacrificed, otherwise, the entire Otherworld civilization will perish.
FIVE NECESSITIES FOR THE APOCALYPSE
• Ray Gun (day or evening wear, your choice)
• Sword (preferably one that coordinates with said ray gun, an apocalypse is no excuse for bad fashion sense)
• Shoes you can run in (yet are still stylish)
• Hat box (to keep all the necessities in, in case you need to run)
• Tea (because nothing is nicer after a day of running for your life, battling zombies, or dealing with Stressful People than a spot of tea)