BIO: Nicole Maggi writes supernatural young adult fiction and is represented by Irene Goodman of The Irene Goodman Literary Agency. She lives in Los Angeles, CA with her amazingly supportive husband and is a new mom to beautiful baby Emilia. Nicole graduated from Emerson College with a BFA, and worked as an actress for many years in New York before the lure of sunshine and avocados enticed her to the West Coast. Though she still acts, her focus now is on her writing. In her very limited spare time, Nicole enjoys yoga, hiking, baking (and eating what she bakes), reading on her Nook, and deciphering the neverending mysteries of LOST.
DEBUT: SHIFT (HarperTeen, Summer 2012)
Based on the Italian legend of the Benandanti, sixteen-year-old Alessia Jacobs discovers she is part of the ancient clan of warriors who can shapeshift their souls into various animals, and is drawn into their centuries-old conflict with the evil Malandanti in order to protect the world's magical sites from their control. But as she struggles to maintain the balance between her duty to the Benandanti and her normal life, everything begins to fall apart and her two worlds collide with devastating consequences. SHIFT is the first book in the Benandanti Trilogy.
FIVE MAKE-UP TIPS TO KEEP YOURSELF BEAUTIFUL AFTER THE APOCALPYSE:
1. Dr. Hauschka Toner will keep your skin moist and balanced and help combat the damaging effects of not having an ozone layer anymore.
2. Adding a little dot of white eyeliner or cream eyeshadow on the inner corner of your eye will help you look wide awake, perfect after a long night of fighting zombies.
3. Who has time for foundation after the apocalypse? A tinted moisturizer is a great alternative.
4. Always carry a nail file. The apocalypse is bound to be rough on your manicure.
5. Don't be afraid to experiment with color! Peacock blues, iridescent purples and emerald greens are all going to be hot hot hot after the end of days.